Government Financial Management
Get the competitive edge with courses specifically designed to:
- Enhance your career options in government - federal, state, and/or local.
- Provide you with college-level (undergraduate or graduate) education in preparation for the Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) examination.
- Provide the continuing education you need to maintain your other professional accounting certifications.
The GFM Courses
- ACCT 4510/6510 - Governmental & Nonprofit Accounting, Financial Reporting & Budgeting*
Principles and procedures of fund accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting for federal, state, and local government and not-for-profit organizations.
- ACCT 4520/6520 - Government Auditing & Internal Control*
A study of internal and management controls, auditing standards, performance measurement and reporting, and analytic procedures applied in the government environment.
- ACCT 4530/6530 - Governmental Environment & Public Accountability*
Overview of the government management cycle including organization structure, legal and environmental aspects, the financing process, public accountability, ethics, and the responsibilities of the governmental financial manager.
* These courses include coverage of the Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) Study Guides as published by the Association of Government Accountants.
Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
CGFM designation is offered through the Association of Government Accountants. It is the largest and most recognized government specialization designation in the accounting profession. To obtain more information about the CGFM designation and examination, visit www.agacgfm.org for certification requirements and application forms.
Call 334-244-3490 or email email@example.com for additional program information and course registration.